CANCELLATION & REFUND:
Our policy on cancellation and refund of donations received for Young and Lonely Foundation (YLF) activities on secure online payment gateway:
- Any demand for cancellations and refund of online donations once duly placed on the website shall not be entertained under any circumstances. No cash or refund of money will be allowed after completing the online donation as it is an extremely burdensome process. We therefore appeal you to be sure before you donate.
- If any in-kind support received by the donor from any where the material will be reached to the poorest of the poorer communities.
YLF takes your privacy critically and treats all financial information about any transaction you have with the Foundation as highly classified. In accumulation, YLF does not share e-mail addresses or phone numbers of any of our donors or constituents.
We genuinely value all assistance to sustain our mission. We maintain the following policies to shield the privacy of our donors and their exceptional relationship with YLF:
- We may call for personal information online, such as name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card number BARELY for the purposes of accepting donations to YLF.
- We will not make public or use this information for any other purpose unless we have your consent.
- We do not traffic or sell your personal information with other organizations.
- We offer donors the option to be recognized anonymously.
- Donors may request to not receive certain mailings, such as our newsletter
- Donors may demand, at any time, to not receive our solicitations.
- We do not trail, collect or distribute personal information entered by those who visit our website.
- Personal data collected through our website is encrypted using 256-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) technology.
- Personal information stored in YLF database is protected with a secured login with authentication, assignment of a unique ID to each person with computer access, regular pass code changes, and user IDs are deactivated or terminated as needed.
- Our hosting data server provides data protection meeting PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), encrypted communication via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, intrusion detection for all devices and network nodes, state-of-the-art firewall infrastructure that detects malicious application attacks, virus protection, network load balancing devices via Citrix, and patch management, security and vulnerability monitoring and tracking, and SQL server attack protection via applications to detect SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Attacks.
To assure that philanthropy merits the value and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full self-assurance in the NGOs and causes they are asked to support, we guarantee the subsequent:
- To be conversant of YLF’s mission, of the way we intends to use donated resources, and of our capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on YLF’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its responsibilities.
- To receive apt appreciation.
- To have access to YLF’s most recent financial statements.
- To be guaranteed that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing YLF to the donor will be professional.
- To be conversant whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the prospect for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that YLF may intend to share.
- To experience free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and candid answers.
What information we assemble:
We use personal information collected from donors for the purposes of processing payments and communicating with donors about YLF as well as conducting the fundraising and other operations of YLF. This information may include name, amount donated, address, telephone number, donor comments, e-mail address, and any other personal information provided to us (“Donor Data”). For donations by check, Donor Data also includes the data visible on the check.
Information from Payment Processors and Other Service Providers: Payment processors allow donors to give electronically using a payment services account, a credit card, or other payment method. These processors collect certain information from donors, and you should consult their privacy policies to determine their practices.
To provide donors the best possible experience, we work with service providers and may share Donor Data and other information with, or have it transmitted through, them. Such service providers include, for example, collocation facilities and bandwidth providers as well as organizations that help non-profit organizations with fundraising.
How we use that information:
Donor Data may be used for these kinds of purposes:
- Distributing receipts and thanking donors for donations,
- Informing donors about upcoming fundraising and other activities of YLF.
- Internal analysis, such as research and analytics.
- Record keeping, surveys, metrics, and other analytical purposes.
- Reporting to appropriate government agencies as required by law.
- Other purposes related to the fundraising operations.
Anonymous donor information may be used for promotional and fundraising activities. Comments that are provided by donors may be publicly published and may be used in promotional materials. We may use accessible information to appendage the Donor Data to improve the information we use to drive our fundraising hard work. We may allow donors the preference to have their names publicly allied with their donation unless otherwise requested as part of the online donation process.
We use data gathered for payment processors and other service providers only for the purposes described in this policy.
We are stanch to shielding donor personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. Among other things, we commence a range of security practices, including measures to help secure web access to sensitive data and undertake efforts to address security vulnerabilities for various tools and databases.
We may disclose information when required by law; when needed to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, donors, or users; and when indispensable to put into effect our terms of service.
You have certain rights with respect to the information we collect about you. Upon demand, we will tell you what information we hold about you and correct any inaccurate information. We will also make realistic efforts to delete your information if you ask us to do so, unless we are otherwise required to keep it.er
Terms & Conditions:
The use of this site is provided by YLF and is subject to the following Ts & Cs:
- Using of the site constitutes approval of these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a conduct which does not violate the rights of YLF or any third party (including without limitation any YLF sponsor or beneficiary) or the use and gratification of the site by any third party.
- YLF shall in no event be liable for any damages including, without limitation, direct, indirect or substantial damages, whatsoever arising from or in connection with the use or loss of use of the site, or any content on the site.
- YLF can change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online under this section “Terms and Conditions”. Your unrelenting use of this site after changes have been posted constitutes approval of the modified terms.
- YLF does not guarantee that the site’s facilities and functions will be free from error or uninterrupted, that the site or the server that makes it available to you are free of viruses or bugs, that defects will be corrected, or that the content on the site is accurate or complete.
- YLF takes no accountability for the content of external Internet sites linked to or cited on this site.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on any public area of this site will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary information unless otherwise stated by YLF. We reserve the right to remove without notice any material posted in any public area of the site.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ghana. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Ghana.
If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions in full, you must stop using this site without delay. We reserve the right to prevent you accessing this site, without discrimination to any of our other rights, if we regard as that you have contravened any of these Terms and Conditions.
All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We do not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information on our website is severely at your own risk and we will not be liable for any losses and damages in connection with the use of our website.
Policy for partners & donors:
- Funds provided in the form of “unlimited grants” or in kind sustain to support the overall vision and activities of YLF.
- Partners/donors and the scenery of their support are accredited on the website.
- Partners/donors may mention that they have provided support of YLF, but must not entail that YLF endorses the Partners/donors.
- Partners/donors must not use the name or logo of the YLF in connection with any other activity than stated in the agreement.
- Partners/donors may have certain agreed benefits as stated in the agreement.
- YLF reserves the right to rebuff support from probable Partners/donors.
Policy for sponsors of annual meetings:
- Sponsors are not permitted to engage in commercial activity at the YLF annual meeting other than as permitted under the agreed terms of sponsorship or commercial activity.
- Sponsors are approved format (i.e. in the program, on the website and at the annual meeting) agreed in the contract.
- Sponsors shall not refer to or use YLF’s name or logo in activities without prior written permission.
- The YLF reserves the right to rebuff donations, sponsorship or commercial activity proposals.
YLF may enter Partnership or Sponsorship agreements with or admit a donation from an individual or organization in expectation of mutual benefits and where the assessed benefits for YLF outweigh any assessed risks.
When YLF enters a partnership/sponsorship agreement or accepts a donation it signifies that YLF has reached a mutual understanding with the partner/sponsor/donor. The scope and responsibilities of the parties under the agreement and the timeframe for the agreement are described in a legal contract which must be signed by the President of YLF or someone the Executive Committee (EC) delegates this to.
The YLF sub-committee on Sponsorship will assess proposed partner-/sponsorships/donations using a standard checklist. Each partner/sponsor will be scored by at least 2 members of the sub-committee. The reports will be reviewed by the full sub-committee, and a recommendation will be given to the EC.
The EC will review the report from YLF sub-committee on Sponsorship and approve by majority vote any partner/sponsor /donor prior to accepting any partnership (financial or other), sponsorship or donation and proceed to write the contract.
CONFLICT OF INTERESTS:
Members of the EC and the sub-committee on Sponsorship are expected to disclose any potential conflicts of interest (such as current relationships with potential partners, sponsors or donors in the form of receipt of funding, board or committee membership, and so forth) upon entering the EC or the sub-committee. The Conflict of Interest statements should be revised continuously for as long as they serve on the committees. The most current Conflict of Interest statements are posted on YLF website whereas previous ones are archived.
A member of the EC or the sub-committee on Sponsorship who has a current relationship with a potential YLF partner or sponsor will be reviewed by the EC/the sponsorship sub-committee on an individual basis for consideration of whether the member is eligible to vote on acceptance of any given partner-/sponsorship or donor.
TRANSPARENCY OF PARTNER-/SPONSORSHIP OR DONATIONS:
All supports will be publicly acknowledged in the annual meeting program, journal title page, or other relevant media, as appropriate. All industry, foundation, or government sponsored scholarships, symposia, meals, etc. will be acknowledged by a statement in the program or by a representative of YLF (e. g., the meeting chair). Partner-/sponsorships or donations that are ongoing or have been in the last year are posted on the website, and updated continuously/before each annual meeting.